Saturday, January 26, 2008

My Sweet Boy


There are a few times in my life that I just want that moment or feeling to last forever, one of those times happened today. As Bella Ruth was opening her brothers' gift Clark ran out of the room and came back quickly. I said something about his gifts and he said, "This is for her too. Here Bella Ruth this is from me." He handed her a folded up dollar out of his piggy bank. Of course my heart skipped a beat and my eyes teared. This was his last dollar that he had saved, the others he has given to the needy through his monthly collection at school(his idea too). Could I be any more proud of my first born? No way. This is the relationship I have prayed for my children to have. I have so longed for them to find that selflessness and compassion with others. My cup runneth over.

Love,

Chesnye

2 comments:

sara said...

Too, too sweet. What a thoughtful boy you have!

Amy said...

I need more of those moments at my house!!! By the way..tell Chris that I have pics and I WILL use them! Oh my goodness..he was the contest winner of the night! The Athlete's foot sweat bands...well, let's just say they took me back! I am going to try to do a post tomorrow. I have been too tired today! Joel and I left at 1:30...they left the only non-Catholics in charge of the whole parish center! :-) Anyhow..I thought everyone had a good time and looked great!