Thursday, March 6, 2008

Our Baby Turns One Today

Special days are emotional for me as a Mama. I just spend so much time reflecting on the past and pondering the future. Today I have been reliving this day one year ago. The children and I have been talking about what we were doing this time last year. The birth of Will Henry is as perfect as I will ever get with having c-sections. I actually went into labor and had the excitement of calling everyone and rushing to the hospital. This was something I had always longed for. It was such a special time for my husband and I... just the 2 of us alone. It was pretty scary too. We had always had the support of our parents but my parents were in route and his were with Clark and Bella Ruth. The nurses and doctor were excited because we didn't know the gender of the baby. Lucy for a girl and William Henry for a boy. As the c-section began the doctor had Chris stand by him so he could tell me if we had a son or daughter. As the baby was delivered the doctor showed him and Chris just kept saying "Oh my, Oh my, Oh, my", and then finally "It's a BOY!!!!" What sweet words to my ears. We had a son!!! Of course we both had many tears of joy for our new little man!! I just felt so blessed to have a healthy son. My pregnancy and delivery with Clark was very difficult and I felt like God was giving us a chance to really relish in our second son. What an amazing gift!!

2 comments:

sara said...

Happy Day, Will Henry!

Tracey said...

What a beautiful birth experience you had with Will Henry. Happy Birthday little man! I hope we can catch up with you at Easter.
Love, Tracey